Ravenous Pigeon Digest

20.11.13

One evening recently looking out onto passing trains I noticed one of the neighbours from the house next door throwing slices of old bread into the grassy area behind the apartment building. This backs onto a fence which in turn has bushes narrow strip of briars behind it to the train tracks. Who does that, basically emptying food rubbish into someone else's garden!?

When I looked out later in the evening some of the bread seemed to have disappeared. But then I noticed right at that moment some of the bread was being taken away by what I thought first was a cat but then noticed was actually much bigger.

I've never seen a badger in real life, bar maybe at a zoo, so it was very odd to see one methodically picking up slices of bread, one at a time, from the grass and bring them through the railway fence into the bushes beyond. And I especially didn't think city badgers existed, or at least ones that made a living shoulder to shoulder with foxes in tiny parcels of waste ground.

0 comments :